Almost everyone knows the Portuguese pudding torte Pastel de Nata. But how about making it a big gun? As a cake? For that, the Tarte Pastel de Nata com Pudim Flan recipe (English: Portuguese Pastel de Nata cake with Pudim Flan) from my Portuguese neighbor Anabela is just right.
The typical Pastel de Nata flavor comes from Pudim Flan, a Portuguese vanilla pudding. For this pudding filling a mixture of eggs, lots of sugar, milk and whipped cream is boiled to a thick cream and put on the puff pastry.
The preparation of the pudding filling is very similar to the Catalan cream, by the way.
You can easily get the Pudim Flan in Portuguese groceries. If you do not have such a shop near you, you can order Pudim Flan online.
The baking pan should be round and relatively flat. Ideal is, for example, a pizza pan with a diameter of 26 cm. Or you use a fruit tart tin.
It is important that you prebake the puff pastry for about 10 minutes. Otherwise the cake base won’t come up due to the heavy Pudim Flan.
The Tarte Pastel de Nata needs about 30 minutes for baking. When the cake is actually done, you can easily recognize by the pudding’s color. As soon as the pudding of the tarte pastel de nata gets the typical browning of Natas, get it out of the oven.
Just let it cool down and enjoy with a Galao.
Portuguese tarte pastel de nata
For 12 servings
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons starch
- 2 packets Pudim Flan
- 0.5 liters of milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 200 ° C top/bottom heat.
- Grease the baking pan and spread with the puff pastry.
- Prebake the pastry in your oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs and sugar in a pot.
- Then add the Pudim Flan and the starch. Stir well again.
- Now add the milk.
- Finally add the whipped cream and stir.
- Now boil the mixture slowly at medium heat while constantly stirring.
- Cook the vanilla pudding until the Pudim flan gets a firm consistency.
- Remove the pot from the heat, let the Pudim Flan cool down a bit and then pour it slowly onto the puff pastry.
- Put the cake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- If the typical Nata-tan shows up after 30 minutes, remove it from the oven.
- Allow the Nata cake to cool and then serve.
|Baking time||30 minutes|
|Calories||226 kcal per serving|
|Carbohydrates||23 Gramm per serving|
|Protein||4 Gramm per serving Portion|
|Fat||13 Gramm je Portion per serving|